There but for the Grace of God...

January 13, 2010

Madame

The Captain informed me tonight that I would make a great Madame.  As in:

Line up girls.  There's a customer waiting to buy your favors.  Don't forget to smile.  Josie, get that chew out of your mouth!  Clementine, show a little more leg!

At first, I wasn't sure how to take this observation.  He says I have the personality and temperament for it.  I have to wonder how he came to that conclusion.  Was it from studying successful madames from centuries past to discern their common personality traits?  Or was it from watching me interact with the world at large for the past 10 years and just one day realizing I may have missed my calling?

After giving it some thought, I've decided not to be offended.  I am choosing to believe that a.) What he meant was my natural leadership and management capabilities combine with a strong sense of self confidence to create a force of personality that would keep both the doves and the dudes in line, and b.) He thinks I'd look good in a corset.  Yeah.  I'm going with that.

No comments: